Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 2 8/14/12 - Chris Gill

Today we drove from San Jose to the farm in Los Chiles. We were blessed with a wonderful breakfast fro the owner of the complex we were staying in. Then we began our drive to the mountains. the central region of Costa Rica is quiet possibly the most beautiful place I have ever seen. As we wound through the mountain roads and passed homes I'm not exactly sure but it wasn't hitting me that this is the way people lived here. Their houses aren't large, they do not have big front yards, but they live in little houses or huts along the road. The country is absolutely beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride through the mountains. However, I am hoping that God breaks me this week and breaks my heart for these people. They are incredible. We got to the farm up here in Los Chiles and we spent time talking to a 13 year old boy named Nelson. Nelson speaks no english and I speak very little spanish, but it was fun communicating and learning about him. The hospitality we have received here from Don Tony and Dona Rosa. They are amazing. I am just hoping for God to teach me and break me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment